Gain valuable cultural experience
Classroom and off-campus activities immerse international students in U.S. culture allowing them to gain knowledge and insights that help prepare them for college and international business opportunities. We also appreciate the opportunity to learn about your own culture; it’s an important part of the St. John’s Northwestern experience.
Work with staff who know visa requirements
Our admissions team guides international students through the requirements for traveling to and studying in the U.S. We can explain the latest visa, passport and insurance requirements, and direct you through each step.
Improve proficiency through ESL offering
Our English as a Second Language program strengthens social and academic English skills. Learn more about ESL classes and expectations.
*The cut-off date to register for ESL 2022 is July 31!
Contact our Admissions Team with any questions:
Call us at 262-646-7199 or 1-800-752-2338
Email us at email@example.com
Enjoy a family environment with homestays
For students who don’t have the option to travel to their home country during school breaks, we arrange homestays with local families. It’s a great way to experience life outside St. John’s Northwestern. Many students develop long-term friendships with their host families.
International Student Payments
Follow the steps below to get started:
1. Create a Flywire account HERE using your [SCHOOL NAME] email address and entering the required information. You will receive a second email to “Verify Your Email Address” and complete the setup by entering your name and school ID.
2. Select the desired plan option. Note: a $XX plan enrollment fee will be added to the balance.
3. Alternatively, you may opt to ‘Make a one-time payment’ to pay your balance in full.
4. Enter the total balance you want to create a plan for.
5. The first installment + $XX plan enrollment fee will be due immediately to activate the payment plan.
6. Follow the steps shown to select your country and payment method and complete the transaction by transferring the funds to Flywire.
7. You will receive email updates and notifications about your payment.
8. For consecutive installments, you will be notified via email to return to the site to complete your remaining payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the general expectations the same for international students?
Yes. All cadets and students are held accountable for their actions and behavior on and off campus. All are expected to seek to understand and follow guidelines of The Standard, our student handbook.
Are international students expected to do the same class work as other students?
Yes and no. International students can expect to learn the same academic content while still having their needs accommodated. The academic content may be modified based on the student’s proficiency in English.
Are international students assessed on their English language proficiency?
Yes. Upon arrival at St. John’s Northwestern, international students take an online assessment in listening, speaking, reading and writing English. We use the results to ensure correct academic class placements. Progress in English is evaluated at intervals throughout the academic year. Learn more about ESL classes and expectations.