Academy Timeline of Events About WI Safer at Home Order
March 25, 2020
On March 24, 2020, the Governor of Wisconsin directed the Wisconsin Department of Health Services to issue a “safer at home order” beginning at 8 a.m. today through April 24 at 8 a.m., or until a superseding order is issued. Please find the full order here: WI Safer at Home Order.
Due to this directive, the Academy’s previously anticipated on-campus return date of April 14 is no longer possible. Therefore, currently the following timeline is in effect:
- The online learning period of March 19 through April 2 will remain in place as previously outlined.
- The spring break period of April 3 through April 13 will remain in place, as previously announced.
- Virtual Learning will resume on Tuesday, April 14 through April 24. If a superseding order is issued, this timeline may change. Please do not make any permanent travel arrangements to return to campus until further notice. Information concerning international students, at home and abroad, is forthcoming.
- Spring Families Weekend, scheduled for the weekend of April 24, is canceled. As Parent/Teacher conferences are an important piece of Families Weekend, the Academic Office will offer phone or video conferences with teachers. We will communicate more information soon.
- The Excalibur social event and auction, initially scheduled for April 25, is postponed. We will communicate a new date shortly.
- As of this writing, there are no changes to Commencement and Reunion exercises scheduled for the weekend of May 22. This date may be subject to change as events warrant.
Although this presents a significant degree of uncertainty, we must remain flexible in this rapidly evolving situation. We ask for your patience and support as we all navigate these challenges. We are making every effort to provide meaningful solutions for cadets, families, and our institution. Your cooperation and understanding are sincerely appreciated.
Most importantly, please remain safe and healthy during this time. We encourage everyone to follow the advice and guidelines provided by the CDC, WHO, and your local authorities. Please continue to visit www.sjnma.org/covid-19 for future updates. There will be an “after” to all of this, and we will get through this together.
Eric Wozniak, Headmaster
Tom Stocks, President
Stephanie Ihler, Academic Dean
Steve Schweiss, Commandant of Cadets